Friday, May 25, 2007

When the Shoes Don't Fit...

Sigh.

My American size 10 feet just can't squeeze into Italian shoes. Normally I'm a European 41, but for some reason the Italian 41 is just small enough to be uncomfortable, especially with my feet a bit swollen from the heat. Forty one is the largest size, at least in the several stores I've attempted to purchase shoes. There are some very cute espadrilles for sale but my big toes practically poke through the fabric.

What to do?

Well, to console myself today I ate some amazing gelato, chocolate with black pepper, a tongue tingling concoction. Ben & Jerry's, take note!

Then I tried on a leather jacket. Too small.

If all else fails I might have to spend some serious bucks on Italian couture....or just keep eating gelato.

No comments: